Re: [NTLK] i lookrd and looked

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 19:55:08 EST

"John M. Powell" <jp_at_iwillbefree.com> wrote:

>>> IS there a way to make a sound package out of a wav midi or
>>> mp3 or au file on windows > mimi
>
> Mimi,
>
> I searched a while back pretty extensively. All I could find
> was http://deepfocus.com/newton/SoundIconMaker.shtml which is
> for MacOs only. I don't know of an easy Windows solution, though
> I certainly wish there was. Anyone?

Alas, I don't know of an easy Windows solution, either ... but if you
can transfer the .wav file to your Mac, you can convert it to a Mac
sound file with SoundApp (http://www.spies.com/~franke/SoundApp).

As SoundApp can do almost any sound format, converting from one to the
other; you may be able to convert a MIDI file in the same way (don't
have any MIDIs, so can't test).

Once it's converted to a Mac format, you can use SoundIcon Maker to
create the package -- but I should point out that I have had some
difficulty with this package: sounds come out missing parts, etc.
Haven't played with it for a while ....

Good luck!

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html