Re: [NTLK] Broken touch screen

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 19:20:06 EST

> You're right. And I keep wondering why the touch tablet stops working
> when the glass underneath is broken. I would think that you still could use
> it a bit to do a backup or something.

In rare cases you can. The problem is that the four strands that connect the
touch sensitive foil to the mainboard run along the edges of the display unit
until they end in a small ribbon cable that in turn contacts the mainboard.
Most times the glass is broken in a way that a gap extends to an edge which
will break the strand and destroy the connection.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html