[NTLK] My saga with my 130 CONTINUES

From: B. Jack Osterholt (josterholt_at_osterholtconsulting.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 09:19:04 EST

First, let me thank everyone who sent me suggestions about how to revive
my currently dead 130. I especially liked the ones about wearing the
feet of a mole in a silk bag around my neck for ten days, and offering
large sums of money to the Newton gods to atone for my sins. But, alas,
nothing seemed to work, my checking account is now overdrawn, and I
smell simply horrid.

But, to return to the issue at hand.this $%#*&^ 130. To recap: I found
a BRAND NEW 130.still in plastic. I changed the backup, and put
batteries in it. NOTHING..

I did all my best tricks about soft rebooting, hard rebooting, etc until
my boots hurt, but still NADA. I followed the idea of taking all the
batteries out for 24 hours will putting paper in the on switch to hold
it open.NADA. I tried plugging in the charger for 24 hours.then hard
rebooting.NADA.

H E L P ! ! ! This thing is making me crazy(ier). Currently I am
perched on the sill of my office window considering jumping, but my
staff reminded me we are on the first floor. ANY suggestions? And,
please no more dead animal sacrifice.

Thanks, I think,

Jack

B. Jack Osterholt