Re: [NTLK] Speed potential of 2X00 and eMate

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 21:09:34 EST

Actually I have no firm idea how fast the eMate runs, with or without
accelleration. I've seen literature that claims it runs at 25 MHz and more
literature that claims it runs at 27 MHz. The software that reports it
running at 20 MHz might be wrong because it was not written for the eMate at
all, it was for the MP130.

Regardless of how fast the eMate runs, sped up or not, it's still pretty
darn slow compared to an MP2x00.

The crystal speeds I tried in the eMate were:
4.something (maybe 4.192) MHz, which worked fine
5.000 MHz which I use all the time
6.000 MHz which the eMate would not even start with

I did not experiment with any values between 5.000 and 6.000 MHz for the
crystal, so there may be some more 'room' in there above 5. I doubt it will
make much difference in the long run, though. The eMate is always going to
seem slow next to an MP2x00.

-Stephanie
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html