Re: [NTLK] Jaggies send me to 130 land

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 01:21:59 EST

on 26/11/02 01:03, Donald Wilson at marchie_at_mac.com wrote:

> Well, the Jaggies on my 2100 have gotten so horrible, and I can't fix
> them, that I'm back to useing my 130 as the Newt I carry on my hip.
>
> It's quite a shame really, since I've been using my 2100 with my
> Orinoco card at the cafes, and I think it really is more of what I
> want...
>
> So, my 2100 is living in my bag, in it's Newton case that has the
> keyboard in it, all strapped in, with it's WiFi card, so I can use it
> via the keyboard... which isn't as nice, since it demotes it from PDA
> to Strange Laptop Device That's Almost An eMate.

You could try to have the connections between the screen and the motherboard
cleaned. Or get the screen replaced. Calvin Grier is offering new touch
screens with assorted colored backlight <http://www.adago.net/>.

Did you try to clean the edge of the screen with a business card? You swipe
the card around the screen, underneath the case. Sometimes, debris stuck
there can really affect the touch screen. Make sure you have a screen
protector if you decide to do this, or you may scratch your screen.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)