Re: [NTLK] A little fun

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 10:09:51 EST

yeah, it's a neat idea. but realistically, this is what will happen:

- the minimum wage drone will pick up the card from the bin, ready to
key in the data.
- he/she will be unable to find a spot in the data entry program to
accept Newton info
- he/she will ask the supervisor, who will either

- not know and ask the next level of supervisor
- who will say "toss it!"

or

- say "toss it!"

this is NOT what will happen:

- red-faced, the drone, the supervisor, and the supervisor's supervisor
all rush to Steve's office doorway, to breathlessly announce "Mr. Jobs!
  We're getting literally tens, maybe even DOZENS, of these obsolete
registration cards! Oh! What to do!??!!?"

so...?

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 01:48 AM, b e n w e l l s|headwerkx
wrote:

>>> I was just thinking (yes, it's scary). It occurred to me that a
>>> great way to let Apple know that we still care about the Newt would
>>> be to send in all the registration cards that originally came with
>>> the units.
>>
>> But do you still have your registration card? Is it an idea to post
>> one on
>> the web or did it have a serial number on it?
>
> I'd be in on that... for the many of us no doubt who have gotten our
> Newtons
> secondhand and thus without registration cards, it would be good if
> someone
> could scan their card and make it available somewhere. Then we can all
> mailbomb Steve ;-)

- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html