Re: [NTLK] Dr. Newton Status : Trying To Mend

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 21:41:38 EST

on 26/11/02 21:33, Dr. Newton at drnewton_at_maplenet.net wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>

> I thought I'd send out a note to let you know my status.
> ( some of you have tried to contact me )
>
> For the last few months I've been dealing with a painful medical condition.
> I have a disc problem in my neck.
>
> It's a slow healing process that may not leave me free of pain / numbness in
> my affected right arm.
> I may need "disc fusion" surgery in a couple months. Prayers are
> appreciated.
>
> I'm able to do some work. If anyone is interested in the memory upgrade for
> the MP2000, I still can provide that.
> E-Mail me at : drnewton at maplenet.net
>

> Best Regards,
> Dr. Newton
>
> ( a.k.a. David Watson )

David,

Sorry to hear about that. I'll certainly will have good thoughts for you and
hope everything will be fine. You're a find, decent person.

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N), but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN 0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.