Re: [NTLK] On the edge of ethernet

From: Curtis E. Sayles (cursay_at_plainstel.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 02:31:12 EST

> David Busey wrote:
>
>> -NIE 2.0
>> Internet setup
>> Newton Internet Enabler
>> NIE Localtalk Module
>> NIE Ethertalk Module
>
> You're missing the "Newton Devices" package, which provides the API
> between
> NIE and PCMCIA (Ethernet) cards. It should be in the Ethernet folder
> of
> wherever you got NIE from, or just get it right here:
>
> http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/software/Internet/NIE2/ENETSUP/
> newtdev.pkg
>
> --
> Victor Rehorst - victor_at_newtontalk.net - chuma_at_chuma.org
> NewtonTalk list administrator - http://www.newtontalk.net
> Will help you with your list problems - as long as you're nice.

OOPS! Thanks Victor but actually, that one IS installed. I forgot to
list
it in my original post.

Other ideas anyone?

David,
I have been unable to get dongles that have the 10 and 100 lights (I've
always assumed 10 base and 100 base??) to work. Dongles with the
activity light in the receptacle for the Cat 5 cable work fine. Hope
this helps. Your desperation reminded me of my own frustration.
Curt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html