Re: [NTLK] Why emails and not Forums?

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 01:16:33 EST

On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 12:54 AM, Miguel D'Amico wrote:

> Hi all, I'm pretty new to the Newton world. I bought two 2100s and a
> 120 and
> some accessories. I really like this little Newton community keeping
> things
> alive, but I'm finding it extremely annoying having to read little
> messages
> email by email. Why use emails and not forums?

<snip>
I suppose you mean some sort of browser based thing? Personally I
think that would suck.

If you use a good mail client, you can have it organize the messages
into threads based on the subject line and then only view the ones that
appear to interest you, although be warned you will miss a lot of high
comedy that way.

There also newsgroups if you like to use usenet....

Marty

PS Just be glad you missed that whole planet Newton thing!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html