Re: [NTLK] Why emails and not Forums?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 10:02:26 EST

Miguel D'Amico wrote:
> Hi all, I'm pretty new to the Newton world. I bought two 2100s and a 120 and
> some accessories. I really like this little Newton community keeping things
> alive, but I'm finding it extremely annoying having to read little messages
> email by email. Why use emails and not forums?

Because this has always been a mailing list. Because e-mail could be said to
be the "lowest common denominator" of the net: everyone has it, everyone can
send and receive plain-text messages.

There are Newton forums: go use them if you don't like Newtontalk. I'd
suggest the forums at the Newted Community:

http://newted.net/