Re: [NTLK] Newton fund

From: Katarina Gubler (bubbles9413_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 18:58:12 EST

$30 is a lot for me to contribute and I wouldn't be able to guarantee it every year, but I would be more than happy to make some sort of contribution that I could afford. Let me know the details. Maybe we could set up some sort of Paypal account....that way making payments would be easy, just a suggestion.
Kat-
 NewtonTalk <newtontalk_at_jonandnic.com> wrote:
Well I think Victor is the closest thing to a "leader" that this list
has.

I can't manage money at all, but my wife is an accountant (or she's
working on it) and is amazing with money. Before I married her I spent
every cent I had -- now we actually have savings. I would happily
volunteer her services as treasurer of a Newton R&D Fund, which she
could put in a high interest account that is accessible whenever the
group votes on distribution. She could be accountable to Victor as far
as dispersement goes, and could produce quarterly reports of account
activity for the group to check-up on.

Just a suggestion!

jw

----
visit us online at www.jonandnic.com

-----Original Message----- From: edwardmccaughan [mailto:madscientist_at_macunlimited.net]=20 Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 6:24 PM To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton fund

$20 a year for the continued development of the newton? even at the=20 risk of it going to some fraud, $20 isnt that much to me (altough i=20 would be seriouly annoyed at the lists loss overall) but since this almost completly anonymous list where you can say you=20 are whatever you want, who can we really trust. who is the "leader" of=20 the list anyhow?

--=20 This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/