Re: [NTLK] An Apology

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 00:55:23 EST

"Ferdi Ozguner" <fozguner_at_ualberta.ca> wrote:

> I would like to apologize to the list and users of such. In no way
did I
> mean to offend anyone however, with all the rude/ insulting comments
> being made towards myself, I inappropriately emailed users of the
list.

(*snip*)

I read somewhere an article about using the internet. One thing I
recall from that article was the idea of waiting a day before
responding to an e-mail that upsets you. This way, when you're
writing, you are (hopefully!) in a calmer state of mind, and less
likely to say stuff you'll regret.

The 24 hour buffer also give the original sender a chance to rethink
his/her comments, and you may get an apology before you have a chance
to send your response.

Sorry I don't recall where I read this ... Kawasaki's "The Computer
Curmudgeon," maybe? (tryptophan ... in turkey ... making me ...
drowsy! must ... get ... to .... Starbucks ...for a .... chocolate ...
brownie ... frappacino .... before I ... fall ... aslee -- zzzzz .....)

> Ferdi

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html