[NTLK] NUGs, O'Reilly Books, and other Perks

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 03:12:01 EST

So, LANUG is an official Apple User Group... Very cool.

I would be interested in seeing what comes of the holiday gathering in
SE Michigan next month.... could this be the start of another NUG?

Being an Apple User Group, I know, gives members access to special
stuff from Apple in the way of merchandise (at least.. it used to, so I
assume it does now)

Well, http://ug.oreilly.com/ allows a UG's leaders to register the
group with O'Reilly Publishing... some of the perks of which are:

     * Review copies of O'Reilly products
     * 20% discount on all O'Reilly products and conferences
     * Donations of books and other promo items
     * O'Reilly authors as potential speakers
     * Weekly Newsletter
     * Quarterly catalogs
* Event sponsorship opportunities

Now, 20% off O'Reilly books sounds good enough for me to sign up... if
I was a NUG leader that is...

~Donald

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html