Re: [NTLK] Virtual Intern

From: d0pp13r (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 17:43:06 EST

> From: <eroadies_at_mindspring.com>
>
> However, as time passes, I know it will be a foregone conclusion that I will
> need to switch to another device and platform. The lack of current
> clinical references (e.g., Lexi Drugs, 5Minute Consult, Taber's,
> Labs,Harrison's) for the Newt that are available on palm and pocketpc
> platforms
> (and several of these references can be integrated/crosslinked) is a problem;

can hardly think of anything else than that this info is available in comma
separated text or spreadsheet files on request. should be a snap to produce
newton books from it or use in a more sophisticated way in some of the
filemaker compatible newton programs available.

crosslinking should not be such a pain with moreinfo - i dont know if you
use that program, but it has a rich feature set when it comes to extending
the built-in dates and names applications, creating overviews and linking
objects.

> also many facilities are setting up wireless point of care and other IT
> initiatives that will only work with these platforms as well. Definitely the
> screen size and OS superiority is there in the Newton, but the reality of
> staying in touch with current info and connectivity is there.

there are two main wireless technologies out there: homeRF and 802.11b, the
newton supports both. (there is of course data transfer within DECT also,
but it has never been used in a commercial context, i believe.) in sweden,
all hospitals are setting up 802.11b wireless LANs. i use a 802.11b network
at home and at different campuses today.

you can and will stay happy with your newton for many years to come, i
believe.

regards,

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__