Re: [NTLK] Need glue brand

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 20:59:44 EST

------------------
>The WinCE/PocketPC has the same problem. You let the device die and you
loose everything...

The 'Jupiter-class' has a backup batt.(just like the MP1x0's), but I
haven't tried draining both. :-o
The Clio's don't so it's easy to 'brainwipe'.
------------------
>but to make the problem even more insidious is that the PocketPC
>desktop software isn't automatically setup to make a
>backup of your CE device. This means that if you use the synch program to
synch your iPaq, then you let your iPaq batteries die, there is NO way to
get your
>synched data back onto your iPaq...you can only restore from a backup, not
your synched copies.

Insidious is right, yuck! Good thing I use Newts.! :-)

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html