Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton with Mac OS X?

From: Scott Roy Atwood (atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 14:52:31 EDT

* John Anderson <dearjohn_at_everchanging.com> [021001 15:57]:
> As a compromise, however, I would like to propose the following: I will
> sell Presence for now as closed-source software but, if this agreeable
> to you I would open-source it under a BSD-style license:
>
> 1) After a year, or
> 2) After I sell 300 copies at $34 apiece.
>
> Whichever comes first.

I applaud this decision. There is much software for the Newton that
will never be improved because the original author abandoned it and
didn't provide the source code. I'm glad to see that you are releasing
part of this as open source up front, and the rest later.

And I for one will be more than happy to pay $34 for a copy.

-Scott

--
Scott Atwood
atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu