Re: [NTLK] minor scratches

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 11:28:10 EDT

There's no real way to get scratches out of the
display. The problem is that there is a touch
sensitive plastic layer over the display that is quite
delicate. There has been some talk about doing this,
but the concensus is that most times, polishing the
plastic leads to jaggies.
You can make them less noticible by cleaning the
display very well with a cleanser made especially for
plastic, (edmund scientific has some great products
for this) and then spraying some Pledge furniture
polish on a lint-free cloth (those microfiber camera
lens cloths work well) and wiping the display with
this cloth.
This seems to be the best method of reducing the
appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Oil of
olay...oops, wrong commercial!
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "ZUMWALT, DANNY P (SWBT)" <dz1317_at_sbc.com> wrote:

> Is there a method to removed small minor scratches
> on the screen? I haven't
> gotten any screen protectors yet.. and my friend was
> writing on the screen
> too hard using the cap of a pen.. >:(

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party