Re: [NTLK] Connection problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 14:05:29 EDT

On 03/10/02 12:53, "Wiley S Wesson" <wessongroup_at_megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> Have just installed the connection software onto four mac's on a LAN.
>
> From the MP2100 all computers show up and can be selected, via AppleTalk
>
> The LAN is ethernet and I'm connecting the MP to the boxes via an AsanteTalk
> (RJ45 to serial out).
>
> My problem is every time I try to connect to a computer from the MP I get
> this error
>
> "Your model of Newton cannot connect with this version of the desktop
> application"
>
> All Mac boxes are on 9.2.2 with a Mac server on 10.1.4.
>
> On the Mac's I'm getting pretty much the same message " your model of Newton
> cannot connect with this version of Newton software.
>
> The Newton Contection Software is 2.0
>
> What else is needed here?
>
> I have an 3Com ethernet card that I want to use with the Newton, but can't
> get the connection up to get the drivers over. Yeah, I don't have external
> modem and all the computers are new and don't have the serial connection.
>
> Any suggestions

Yes, check the FAQ at <http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq>.

-Laurent.

FUD /fuhd/ n.: Defined by Gene Amdahl after he left IBM to found his own
company: "FUD is the fear, uncertainty, and doubt that IBM sales people
instill in the minds of potential customers who might be considering
[Amdahl] products." The idea, of course, was to persuade them to go with
safe IBM gear rather than with competitors' equipment. This implicit
coercion was traditionally accomplished by promising that Good Things would
happen to people who stuck with IBM, but Dark Shadows loomed over the future
of competitors' equipment or software. See IBM. After 1990 the term FUD was
associated increasingly frequently with Microsoft, and has become
generalized to refer to any kind of disinformation used as a competitive
weapon.