Re: [NTLK] Looking for a Newton MP 130?

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 01:53:13 EDT

I used to have a 130, and IMO, the handwriting rec on the 2100 is
tons better... faster, and far more accurate.
I prefer the size of the 130, but the bigger 2100 also has a bigger
screen, which is nice for writing because you can actually see an
entire page width in landscape (whereas the 130 had that annoying
slow scroll as you typed). I still wish the keyboard was silent, but
hey, can;t have everything!
I think the u2000 or 2100 is a much better buy if you;re thinking of
using a newt. (Even a non-upgraded 2000 would be better for using
than the 130). Collecting them, well then a 130 would be nice.

Oh and also the storage on the 130 (internal) is barely enough to
store an email program and internet setup files with your other
basics. (one card slot for a modem, not a mem card, unless you dont
want to do net stuff).
You can't do much else on the web other than email bc the newest
version of Internet Setup doesnt work on the 130.
Keep in mind the 130 ran OS2.0 not 2.1 like the 2000's...