Re: [NTLK] Nokia card phone and PIN

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 05:22:31 EDT

on 6/10/02 10:18 am, Claes Ljungquist at claes.ljungquist_at_chello.se wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I=B4m thinking about buying a Nokia Card phone 2.0 and have looked a
> while in the archives but I am unsure about this:
> if my operator doesn't allow requiring a PIN before making a call to
> be disabled is it still possible to use the card phone?
>=20
> Claes

Yes you can use Christian Fiutak's Card Phone 2.0 setup from
http://www.fiutak.de/newton/index.html as a basis. You should then add
+CPIN=3D"your pin" to the end of the modem setup strings using Modem Modifier
(see UNNA). The +CPIN must be the end of the strings. Actually, it is not
necessary to add it to all of the strings, but I've forgotten which ones ar=
relevant according to the documentation!

This will allow fax sending and 9600 data connections. If you want to use
HSCSD, this requires a more complex modem initialization sequence than the
Newton modem scripts seem to allow. I created a login script to do this
which I use with the Card Phone directly addressed in the internet setup as
a PC Card serial port, rather than through a modem script.

An extract from an email that I sent to someone else trying to get this to
work follows with more details:

-- start of Internet setup ---
Setup Name: NCP2 HSCSD D2
Protocol: PPP
Configuration: Server
User ID: xxx
When closing, disconnect: after 5 minutes
Primary DNS/Name Server Address: your primary DNS
Alternate DNS/Name Server Address: your secondary DNS
Domain Name: <None>
Login Script [25 Step(s)]
    Send: "AT&F"
    Send =B6
    Pause: 1 Send: "ATV1E1&D2&S0S7=3D60&K3+DR=3D1"
    Send =B6
    Wait For: "OK"
    Send: "AT+CBST=3D81,0,1"
    Send =B6
    Wait For: "OK"
    Send: "AT+CHSN=3D6,0,0,0"
    Send =B6
    Wait For: "OK"
    Send: "AT+DS=3D3,0"
    Send =B6
    Wait For: "OK"
    Send: "AT+CPIN=3D""
    Secure Prompt: "PIN"
    Send: """
    Send =B6
    Wait For: "OK"
    Send: "ATDT229000"
    Send =B6
    Wait For: "CONNECT"
    Send =B6
    Beep
    Done
Advanced Settings
    Port: Top PC Card
    Baud Rate: 115200
    Parity: None
    Stop Bits: 1
    Hardware Flow Control: on
--- end of Internet setup ---

With this configuration, I get reliable and reasonably quick to connect
connections. I think and hope that I'm getting 2 channels downstream 28.8K
bps and a V.110 or V.120 protocol (ISDN like) connection, which is faster t=
connect than an analogue one.

To adapt it to your case, you need to change the dial string "ATDT229000" t=
the number for your ISP and the correct DNS servers to use. In addition, yo=
need to find out what HSCSD options your carrier supports.

Nokia has a Windows help file available on their web site which contains
most of the AT commands supported by the NCP 2, which you might find useful=
.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Simon Roberts