Re: [NTLK] EMate Discharging Quickly

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 09:36:26 EDT

On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 05:14 AM, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

Are you turning the eMate off with the screen or the power key on the
keyboard? If the former, are you sure the eMate is actually off?

I turn to power off via closing the screen. Yes, it does apparently
shut off.

I found my eMate drained incredibly quickly as well, until I stopped
relying on the screen switch and started using the actual power switch.
I can't explain why this should matter, but at least for me, it seemed
to make a significant difference. Just closing the screen, and the
battery would be dead after a day or two of inactivity. Turn the eMate
off with the power switch, and after a month of shelf-time it was still
showing an 80% charge.

I also found that letting the eMate turn itself off (via the 'sleep'
setting in the preferences) also worked fine. It was just the
lid-switch that seemed to let the battery drain fast. Consequently I
removed my lid switch entirely. Your mileage may vary.
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/otheremate.html

-Stephanie

http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/