Re: [NTLK] Wavelan questions

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 19:47:26 EDT

Paul, I use a Silver WaveLAN card and an AirPort base station. I get an
8-digit hex password from the AirPort Admin Utility, which I enter into the
driver's slip and it works just fine.

I've asked Hiroshi about the power consumption and the meaning of his "power
management" mode, but I've never had a response. Same with the AppleTalk
stalls, which you mentioned as possibly related to your SimpleMail problems.
I think the stalls are unique to AppleTalk, but I wish I had more
information.

I've also had some similar problems with SimpleMail, but I never ran the
diagnostic to figure it out. (The problems would go away when I downloaded
the "problem" message(s) to my home computer.)

Good luck--

--Jesse