Re: [NTLK] Re - NCU

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 02:00:28 EDT

Sorry for the LONG delay in responding. Been offline for a bit and just now
getting caought up in the list. I don't know about 1Ghz, that speed will
probably still need slowdown.

The computers I tested on were about half that speed, and had problems
before. But with the newsettings are finally working like champs. Before I
always had to use slowdown and even then slower speed, and often had trouble
getting a backup to complete. It would often abort saying my PC
disconnected (even WITH slowdown and at 9600). But with these new settings
it is working MUCH better. I just connect, start NCU and connect, works
like it was always supose to (and never did before).

But I would think that the connection would be more stable even at the
faster processor speeds. However as you found out it evidently is still not
quite enough and needs slowdown at those very high procesor speeds.

-Dan