Re: [NTLK] Java Sync?

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 14:48:19 EDT

Primarily, I'm working to provide an abstraction layer by which
plug-ins can get a Newton soup cursor in Cocoa. I'm also providing a
framework to provide interface feedback and custom settings panels. The
plug-ins can also execute NewtonScript code on the Newton. As for
Java... my goal is to provide a world-class Mac OS X application, and
for this case, Cocoa is hands-down the best way to go. I get access to
all of the Mac OS X interface goodies, and I can develop a faster
application with a smaller memory footprint with a lot less development
effort.

I've worked on a couple of Java servlets and think that Java is a
hard-to-beat platform for web apps, but I'm not sold on the language
for this particular solution. That being said, my software will
eventually be open-source, at which point some enterprising developer
could port it. :-)

John