Re: [NTLK] Wavelan questions

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 17:04:00 EDT

John Skinner wrote not long ago (10/8/02 3:00 pm):

> Jesse, could you humor me and explain in detail what you used (what card and
> what WAP) and did (on the Newton end and WAP end) to get the WEP working on
> your setup?

I'd be delighted, although I don't know how to get the firmware version of
my Lucent card. I'd be happy to share that if someone lets me know how I can
get that info.

I have a Graphite AirPort base station v3.84. Using the AirPort Admin
Utility in OS X, I have "Enable encryption (using WEP)" checked. I've
entered a text password in the button beneath the checkbox. But the password
I enter into my Newton is obtained by clicking the "Password" button in the
toolbar, or by choosing the "Equivalent network password" item from the
"Base Station" menu.

On my Newton, on the WaveLAN driver setup slip, I have "use WEP" checked and
"WEP key" set to "hexadecimal". I have entered the 10-digit (sorry, not
8-digit, as I said before) equivalent network password from my AirPort admin
utility here.

I'd be happy to answer any other specific questions.

--Jesse