Re: [NTLK] .png format stuff (was Jaguar-Newton Sync progress update)

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 17:51:20 EDT

well, it's a mac ie thing. it has nothing to do with the macos,
especially since preview can open it. it just means that ie on mac
can't figure it out.

mozilla, etc, can, however.

ttm

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 02:33 PM, Jordi Rosquillas wrote:

> Its a mac thing, IE 5.2 wont open this graphic but if you download it
> and
> open it with preview it works.
>
> el 08/10/2002 3:50 PM, Ed Kummel , tech_ed_at_yahoo.com escribi=F3:
>
>> =20
>> I don't know where you get that from? My IE browser
>> for Windows (V6.0 on 2000) reads PNG files with no
>> problem. If you go to the Map section of Newtontalk,
>> you can view the images in PNG or JPG:
>> http://www.newtontalk.net/map/namerica-west.png
>> As a matter of fact, IE6 will even scale graphic items
>> to fit the page (you can turn this feature off) and
>> that's a good thing!
>> If this doesn't work for you, I would think it's more
>> a Mac thing.
>

> --
> Read the Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

******
"I would expect rats in Berkeley to be fairly bold, possibly even
evolved enough to ask for spare change or protest U.S. military
action..." -- Chris Livingston http://www.notmydesk.com/