Re: [NTLK] Battery Question?....

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 10:45:05 EDT

> > Can I charge Lithium Batteries?
> No. and don't try NiMH cells either. Some people have had good luck,
> others have suffered meltdowns.

This is a 'safe' recommendation, but I'm sure there are plenty of MP130s out
there with nimH batteries inside. I have a set in mine rated at 1600mAH.
They charge fine.

I read the battery FAQ,

http://www.thiel.com/damien/newton_battery_FAQ.html#Anchor-5

before buying nimHs and there was no warning of dire consequences. At worst,
they won't work or charge.

BTW, the trick I use (recommended by others), is to wrap tape around the two
batteries in the middle so that when they are inserted, the tab gets
depressed. I try to cheer it up from time to time but....

good luck,
blair