Re: [NTLK] Battery Backup on 2100?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 02:33:52 EDT

The 2100 does not have a backup battery but a so called Supercap.
Under normal conditions the supercap will feed the RTC for up to 4-6 hours.
In your case the supercap seems to discharge very quickly (within a few
minutes).

There are two solutions:
1) change the supercap (opening the Newt and some soldering required)
2) change the batteries only while having the ac adaptor connected to the
Newt

Johannes