Re: [NTLK] Bizarre Dongle !

From: Neil Brown (kiwibrowns_at_charter.net)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 08:08:16 EDT

Unfortunately you are wrong. The klez CANNOT propogate on a mac. the
scr file is a script file which does not execute on a mac. Klez uses a
weakness in outlook and windows messaging on PC as in intel windows
boxes.

Your message is confusing since you refer to both mac and Pc machines.
An up to date norton which is scanning email does not send a copy out!

On you mac you may have a saved attachment which is the scr file. Your
no name text file is not anything to do with klez. Klez files have
names and are not hidden.

  I have to wonder what these files were (probably some temp file
created by the outlook or another program) but NO virus sends files
this size otherwise it would cause the message to reject on almost
every email server on the net (message size limits are usually in the
3-6MB size) and what good would that be!

I might sugget a trip to Symantecs antivirus page for the Mac if you
want to read more....

Neil