Re: [NTLK] Explain this battery stuff to me please...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 13:41:19 EDT

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Peter Cameron wrote:

> on 10/11/02 8:50 AM, Filmer, Paul E. at pfilmer_at_nsf.gov wrote:
> > I have also seen "Fried" displayed on a MP2100 as a battery state,
> I seem to remember "deepToast" as being another possibility.

Yeah, it is deepToast in fact, I know I've seen this using the Avi's BD
battery info slip, which basicially just prints the Gestalt() info of the
battery, straight from the OS I believe.

I think there's also preCharging, when a pack is really empty (but still
working), this will happen before it starts fastCharging. Or, if you have
a dead pack, it will try to preCharge it a few times before reporting
deepToast.