[NTLK] Some JaneHead doesnt know how the recent viri seem to work.was Re: VIRUS ALERT

From: Rich Lindsay (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 07:39:35 EDT

Thesis:
Some JaneHead doesn't know how the recent viri seem to work.
Infected messages are sent from someones address which seem to look like they
were sent from another person.

For example:
Victor sent me a note that I had KLEZ....ooops
I did me some research. Cant be me I use Viri Software every day. and I use
a Mac at work and home. The offending mail that he received came from someone
who had my address on their computer and made it look like it came from me.
But alas It was not to be :)

I assume if this bug can fool this lists dad ( whom is a golledge gradeiot
now and whom I thinks is damn 'puter savvy:) it could fool alot of lay persons
easily

Conclusion:
I recall that that text was part of an actual e-mail that had passwords to
alot of software. I assume that what happened was an individual had that old
mail saved (for all the passwords) The Virus grabbed that text and sent it
out.

And Finaly:
Steve
I hope you did not open the file. I hope you have all your Virus, Viri protection
updated and running or else this could start sending itself and making it
look like your mom is the culprit :)

But Seriously:
This is a nasty bug. It seems to be running rampant.I get several of these
a day in several mailboxes. Please inform your friends and check your computers
folks

Rich
(needs more coffee)
www.thisoldnewt.net