[NTLK] Newton compatible cable modems, memory, etc

From: Joe Bosak (joe_at_bosak.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 15:29:19 EDT

I've used my Newton with a USR 28.8 external modem, but I'd like something more compact that doesn't need it's own power pack. Is there such a thing as a PCMCIA cable modem card - and are there any that are compatible with the Newton?

Are there any web sites etc that list hardware that's been found to compatible with the Newton?

I'm also interested in a memory card - from what I can gather I need a linear flash PCMCIA card (Pretek seems to be the only manufacturer), which works out pretty dear - you can't be sure you can use ATA. Is that right?

- Joe