Re: [NTLK] Dowloading packages from the web

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 16:22:18 EDT

For all who are interested here's a droplet/application for changing
type & creator

Double click it and it will ask you which file to change type/creator
codes on
Drag & drop a bunch of files onto it and they will all be turned into
packages

I can't just change the handler in IE because OS X has lots of packages
that would be misinterepretted as the wrong type if I did this
So for me this is the solution that works best

Open AppleScript, copy & paste in the text below and save as an
Application, and Never show the start up screen

on open (theFileList)

        repeat with theFile in theFileList
                tell me to changeType(theFile)
        end repeat

end open

on run
        set theFile to choose file with prompt "Change which file into a
Newton Package ?"

        tell me to changeType(theFile)
end run

on changeType(theFile)

        tell application "Finder"
                set the file type of theFile to "pkg "
                set the creator type of theFile to "pkgX"
        end tell

end changeType