Re: [NTLK] Newton going for a midnight walk?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 11:07:04 EDT

>Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:47:33 -0500
>From: Scott Rogers <str1_at_swbell.net>

>There was a thread about this a while back, but for some reason I can't
>find the darned thing. Every now and then my Newton's alarm goes off
>at 3:00 am. Is it doing some kind of maintenance? Is there any way I
>can make it NOT set the alarm off?

Yes, NOS runs its stuff over at 3am, and anything producing an alert
that has not been tapped away yet will make the Newton scream in its
sleep. Worst case: If you use your Newton as an alarm clock - and
yes, I have a 2100 which is almost entirely serving as an alarm clock
these days, decadence, what's that? - and you just skipped the alert
in the morning using the power-switch, you might find yourself
upright in bed at 3am sometimes.
I would love to have a PKG that turns off all sound from 2:55-3:05am
and then back on, would that be possible?

Oliver :)

--
The thing is, it's very easy to be different, but very difficult to be better.

							Jonathan Ive