[NTLK] Re - viri

From: SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 12:07:32 EDT

tune me out if this is already figured, but...
(i am on the digest so i may have missed a thread or 2.)

1. the message was transmitted with bogus return-to.
2. the message had an attachment
3. the server strips attachments from submitted messages to the the list
seems like the virus was on the server, because:
4. the attachment bypassing the server's rules.
5. the email going to real list members
questions that remain...
7. did *everyone* get the message? if not then it would seem that the vires
came from someone's PC (not a mac... hehe) that had /those/ addresses that
did get it
8. is "a_newtonian_at_aol.com" on the mailer software's list of members, past
or present?if not, the conclusion would be similar to #7