Re: [NTLK] metal tab sticking out

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 18:05:21 EDT

Yeah...it's black and square, with rounded
corners...First, it's not metal, it's very hard
plastic (yet flexible)
It means that someone opened up the Newt in the past
and didn't take care in putting it back together
again. It's a little slip of insulating plastic. It
won't harm anything, it's just annoying when you try
and eject something.
The only fix is to crack open the case (and I do mean
*crack*) and put it back in place.
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Bertram Zinner <zinnebe_at_auburn.edu> wrote:

> I just bought a Newton (an upgraded MP2000) from
> ebay. The one thing
> that bothers me about this unit is that there is a
> little metal tab
> sticking out from underneath of one of the eject
> buttons for a PCMCIA
> slot. Anybody seen that problem before? Any
> suggestions on what I can do?
>
> Bertram

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party