[NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC2

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 19:15:21 EDT

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce ATA Support 1.0RC2.
ATA Support is a software that lets you use ATA cards like linear
cards in your Newton for data and program storage.

It works on NewtonOS 2.x.

Every user should upgrade to RC2.

What's new since RC1?
---------------------

* Fixed problems and improved the software protection.
* Fixed issues in the power management (the Newton wouldn't shut off
other cards)
* Fixed issues in the interface of the various modules leading to the
-1001003 error. This apparently fixes compatibility issues with some
cards.

Please note that:
- the -10600 bug that Ashley Campbell encountered hasn't been fixed
yet. Actually, I haven't been able to reproduce it, although I've
increased the complexity of my tests.
- there are still ATA cards that do not work. I've bought a SD cards
(among others) with a PCMCIA adapter. It wasn't recognized at all
with RC1, it is recognized but cannot be partitionned with RC2 (the
fact that it is recognizes makes me think that it will work somehow).
- the bug with the eMate is still there (if you close the eMate's lid
with an ATA card in, when you'll open it again it will restart saying
that the Newton restarted because the power was interrupted).
This last bug at least will be fixed soon.

You can get ATA Support from my web site:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

Regards,

Paul

--