[NTLK] New emate 300-Newton user

From: Richard Lenoce (lenoce_at_snet.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 15:24:26 EDT

I am a "new" Newton owner and I know nothing about Newton's though it
seems like a fun machine. I have some general questions and was
wondering if someone can answer them.

1. Is my eMate in any way compatible with OSX? I just need to be able
to get word processing documents off of the Newton and on to my hard
drive to open in Appleworks? I have a serial port on my G4 tower
(Griffin G4-port) as well as a USB to serial adaptor.

2. Is there a web site where I can go to buy accessories compatible
with the eMate that are still made and sold. Since it appears much of
the add-ons are standard stuff it seems like there should be but I cant
find any vendor who identifies these items--memory cards, modem,
ethernet cards, etc.

3. My eMate did not come with any of the original CDs...is there a
place I can download these?

Thanks All! I look forward to participating in the discussions here.
Rich