[NTLK] NCU via Classic

From: Steve Dockery (sdockery_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 20:52:26 EDT

OK, I know this has been discussed, etc. already, but I can't find the
exact information I need even after reading previous posts, so forgive
me if this has been covered already.

I have a Powerbook G4 running Jaguar, and a Newton 2100.

I want to connect these two together under Jaguar. I know it will have
to be via Classic.

I have an Etherlink III 3C589D LAN Card, and a Keyspan Serial Adapter
USA-28.

So I could go with serial or ethernet, if I could get either of them to
work.

So,

Question 1:
If I follow the instructions in the connection FAQ about using ethernet
to connect the Newton and NCU, will that setup work under classic?
(Actually, at this point, I think I've followed the instructions and I
haven't got it to work yet booted directly in OS 9, but I'm willing to
assume I screwed something up and I just have to start over from
scratch setting it up.)

Question 2:
If I want to connect via serial adapter using classic, do I install the
BOTH the OS 9 and OS X Keyspan serial adapter drivers, or the OSX
drivers only, or the OS 9 drivers only? (I've gotten this to work
before booted in OS 9 with the OS 9 drivers installed.)

Please enlighten me!

-Steve