Re: [NTLK] 2x00 ROM image capture?

From: Grant [Self Inflating] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 23:21:17 EDT

In a previous message, Paul Guyot typed vigorously:

>>Paul, I'm going to add 'Rough Disarm' to the Newton Glossary, since we
>>already have Hammer in there.
>
>Well, Hammer is a software by Apple. Rough Disarm is a quick hack
>I've written in the early days of my bowels projects. Most of the
>code comes from GNU binutils. Not sure it deserves being in the
>glossary :)

Of course it deserves to be in the glossary. :)

If it appears on the list, it's going to be archived... and that means it
needs a definition in the glossary. Those are the rules.

>In fact, it has a successor called Better Disarm which I haven't
>published because it's even more complex to use and it requires an
>auxiliary file full of copyright material.

I'll add this one too. What good is being the Glossary Dad if I can't
throw a few esoteric references in there?

>>Does this definition sound ok?
>
>Yup. While the binary runs on MPW only, the source code of Rough
>Disarm should let you compile it for any ANSI C platform.

Thanks. I'll see if I can clarify it a bit more.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/