[NTLK] Re - how to retrain a battery on a mp2100

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 17:20:07 EDT

> my fault..let the battery die..now it will not charge..had bee charging
>right along..until i let it die complete..i read how to retrain a
>battery..and saved the file...then came the hd CRASH..lost the
>instructions..can someone point me in the right direction?

Put the battery in *after* you switched the Newton on (powered
by the ac adapter). If it doesn't charge, turn the Newton off, remove
the pack and repeat. Often it will eventually start charging. If it
doesn't after 10 or so tries, you are probably out of luck.
All this assumes that the ac adapter's voltage is correct. Measure
it with a multimeter while it isn't powering anything. It should be
7...7.5 volt. Never more, if less you will have a problem charging.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de