[NTLK] dead card slot

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 18:09:00 EDT

>My #1 Newton (I had a backup plus synch so my #2 has all the data and
>is working at the moment) suddenly will not recognise cards at all in
>either slot.

If I were you, I'd remove the cards, make two full backups and do a hard
reset. If that doesn't cure things, mail me privately, maybe we can work
something out. I have a couple of 2100 mainboards here. However, with
the prices you can get a 2100 for these days, a better option might be just
to get another 2100 and keep yours for parts.

> If so, who is doing repairs these days

Well, there's still Apple (although I think by now the Newton repairs are
done by some people who are normally fixing monitors), and there's
Dr. Newton (http://www.kc.net/~drnewton).

Good luck

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de