[NTLK] Case for 2100 & Keyboard - Was Case for 2100

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 18:43:58 EDT

Truth be told, I went the cheapo route and bought a 3-ring binder case at
Value Village for $3.99 Cdn. It's like Cotton/Nylon something. Removed the
3-ring portion from the stiff plastic backing and applied velcro ($3 from
Home Hardware with some to spare) to the flip-top on the Newt, to my newly
purchased keyboard, and to the case. Other than protection, I only needed a
stiff backing to support the newt and keyboard for quick setup. I didn't
want to spend 100+ Cdn for a custom leather case. This is an ultra-cheap
application similar to one that another lister posted recently that involved
purchasing a case at Staples (~$20 case + $3 velcro).

Granted, it takes up about as much space as a laptop, but it's instant-on,
has room for file-folders, and has little pockets for E-net and memory
cards, etc.

I wasn't shopping specifically for the case, but there they were, resting on
top of a rack of men's dress shirts. 2-3 to choose from with the right form
factor for the makeover.

I'll see how long the case lasts.... prob'ly not as long as the Newt ;-)

blair