Re: [NTLK] Napalm - Palm Emulator screenshots

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 00:54:33 EDT

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Brian Parker wrote:

> should be minimal. Everything works except serial communication and
> Graffiti.

What level of IR communication is supported?

> I am now judging how many people would buy this software, to tell whether
> I will rewrite it in assembler. That should make it faster, but I doubt
> true Palm speed is possible due to the very slow memory system of the
> Newton.

Can you provide a basic technical overview on how you began and
accomplished this?

How does it:

        Store packages
        reference its ROM
        sync data?

> If you would pay real money for this let me know! Also let me know of
> other suggestions for useful emulators for Newton.

I don't know that I'd pay as much as a used Palm or Handspring unit on
eBay, but it would be highly useful. If some of the code is under
license, there are legal matters you'll also have to consider.

Something stable enough that would allow me to abandon my Handspring and
not look back would be welcomed.

-Jeff