Re: [NTLK] Data question?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 02:37:32 EDT

Paul Guyot (http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata) is your new friend ...!

> I refiled everything I could from the Newton's finder equivelent,
onto
> the new card, but when I look at Storage, some items still show the
> older 8meg card....
>
> I cannot re-file these items onto the new card as I am told:
>
> This item can't be filed, because it's the wrong kind.
>
> Since some of these item are important soups such as
"names","notes",
> etc. I am worried about how to migrate the remaining data off the 8
> meg card, over to the 20M card?
>
> Any thoughts on this?

Try backing up the 8MB card, unmount it, insert the 20MB card, and
restore the contents of the 8MB backup to the 20MB. That should do
something for you ... if not, soft reset is your new friend ....

> Thanks In Advance,

Hope this helps .....

--gdw