Re: [NTLK] Paging Card

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 09:31:14 EDT

------------------
>Weren't we all basking in the newness of our Newtons at one time?? I can
>remember when people used to stop& stare when I pulled out my MP100 at =
the
>checkout line! Now, it is a different tune; the other day in Office Depot =
the
>salesman said, when I opened my purse and he saw my 120 "Wow... never =
seen a
>PDA that BIG...!"
>>:-(

Yeah, even funnier is they 'wince' at the size of my Newt. but 'desire' =
the larger screen and 'beg' for 'natural HWR'(natural is better). :-)
------------------
>....to which I replied "Yeah; you probably never seen one this old and =
still
>working either..."
>
>Anyway, it always irks me whenever I express a problem with any of my =
older
>technology - which to say ANY of my technology - and I get responses like
>"YEah! U fix your Newton by GOING AND BUYING A PALM PILOT!" Yeah. Great.
>Thanks, man....Whaaateveeeerrrrrrr...

LOL! I tell them...'It's because of a Palm/WinCE that I'm using a Newt., =
due to dead batts. causing data loss', then they shut up, put their hands =
in there pockets, sit down...and...'CRACK!', 'uhh, I sat on my Palm/PPC =
cause it fit in a pocket, back pocket, or... 'uhh, I bent down to pick up =
my briefcase, now I gotta pickup another Palm/PPC.

=2E..*NOTE* NO Newton was hurt in this post, the Palm/PPC however...

!ooW
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group...over $J's Live body.