Re: [NTLK] clie (OT)

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 09:31:14 EDT

Yeah, I used to hit '80 wpm', not until I hit 90+ did the metal legs start =
to 'occupy one space at the same time', hated seperating those since your =
fingers got inked. It was also to quickly type 't y p e w r i t e r', =
since these letters were on just above the 'finger row'. :-o
>Well, a couple o things- first, I believe the idea that qwerty keyboards
>were designed to slow down typists is a common misconception (one I held
>myself at one point); in actuality it was designed to separate frequently
>used keys so they don't jam together (on a mechanical typewriter). Once =
you

!ooW
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group...over $J's Live body.