Re: [NTLK] iSync and nSync errors%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;5D8044B2-E6D4-11D6-940D-000393761892@everchangin g.com>

From: Todd Krahenbuhl (tkrahenb_at_cps.gonzaga.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 10:34:39 EDT

>> John, Does nSync interact with iSync's database? If so, you may wish
>> to warn people that it could corrupt iSync.
>
> Not sure why you're having problems but no, nSync doesn't interact with
> iSync's database. It manipulates the Address Book through their own API
> calls. Can you open the AddressBook application? Do you get any console
> errors when you try to run iSync?

I'm able to open Address book, and the errors that I got from iSync where
pop-up windows that stated the the database was corrupted, or that the
database was null. The second one I didn't understand, but the first I took
to be that there was an inconsistency that may have been caused by nSync
interacting with Address Book.

>> Also John, this is also a case for making the software open source so
>> that
>> people, such as myself, may help you build this wonderful program for
>> our
>> community. Just a though. ;-)
>
> nSync will be made open source, once 300 copies are sold. It will be
> BSD-licensed so that others can make money off of it.
>
> John Anderson
> everchanging

I'm not concerned with making money off of Newton Software, I'm concerned
with supporting the Newton Community.

--

% % Todd Krahenbuhl % http://users.colfax.com/crkrahen/todd/ % tkrahenb at cps dot gonzaga dot edu %