Re: [NTLK] Paging Card

From: Ben Smith (QM Systems) (ben.smith_at_qm-systems.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 11:25:39 EDT

That must be weird..... 9V lead acid??? at 2V per cell that makes it a
4 and a half cell battery!!!
Are you sure it is lead acid?
or
Are you sure it is 9V?
Also if it is lead acid, I have succeeded in reviving some quite old
ones by carefully opening the vent on each cell (usually a small
rubber cap or diaphragm) and injecting a small quantity of distilled
water, (they often dry out with age or overcharging) you may not get
the full capacity back, however I have often got a useful amount of
life from otherwise dead cells.
Ben.