Re: [NTLK] NPDS and my router

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 23:54:59 EDT

on 24/10/02 22:31, David Caolo at dcaolo_at_gis.net wrote:

> I have done all of the below. However, after updating my basestation
> configuration, and clicking on the "internet" tab, I'm unsure as to which
> address I should be using as my Newt's new public IP address.
>
> There are three numbers listed: "IP Address," "Subnet mask" and "Router
> address." Naturally, I assumed that "IP Address" was what I was looking
> for. However, entering it into a browser's url window resulted in a
> "connection failure" error. Ideas? Something I did incorrectly?
>
> When I plugged my Newt into the shared ethernet hub tonight, the basestation
> gave it the address 10.0.1.3, so I set up the port mapping section w/that
> address. Unsure how to proceed. Thanks again.

If you have the port mapped properly to your Newton IP on your internal
address, then you want to publish the router address. The router is the
device that is actually connected to the internet. When it will receive
request on some ports (namely 80 for http request), it will forward them to
the IP address you set for that port.

-Laurent.